Posted in Psychic Experiments on 28. Jul, 2010
Recently I’ve had the same question from three readers of this blog. They want to know how they can find out if their psychic abilities are real. They also want to know how they can measure their progress in psychic development.
One of them wrote:
“What is the feedback loop for psychic development?
A musican can practice and listen to her music to know she’s improving, a sports person can train and perform better, even a bodybuilder can see his muscle growth. A psychic/intuitive can do visualization exercises but how are they to know they are actually improving – what’s their feedback loop?”
I can understand the need for this question. After all, when you are gathering intuitive insights on your OWN path, it’s coming through the filter of your mind, so you can never really know if it’s your higher self speaking – or if you’re just talking to yourself and reframing stuff you already know.
Plus, I do know from personal experience that it’s easy to doubt your intuition. Probably the only reason why I have come to trust mine is because I get continual feedback from clients. And when you get specific information from deceased people that turns out to be true, that pushes you over the edge into trusting.
So, here are some ways to verify your intuitive insights:
- Have a go at reading another person
- Ask spirit for signs
- Keep an ongoing record/journal of all your psychic experiences and impressions. Then come back to it later on to verify it.
In this post, I am going to focus on the first suggestion. This is because I believe the best way to find out if your intuition is actually real is to read for someone else or read another person for character and then get it verified. This is why I dedicate an entire chapter of my psychic awakening course to reading other people.
I also decided to do an experiment here on my blog…
Check out this dude:
Meditate for a few minutes (if you’re not sure what meditation is, there is a quick ‘how-to’ near the end of this article), then ask yourself the following questions:
- What type of person is he? What is his character like?
- Do you like him? Why/why not?
- What do you think his emotional life was like?
- What do you think his life was like?
- What kind of things happened to him?
- What was his death like?
- Get into the alpha state and clear your mind as much as possible before you tune into another person – again, the best way to do this is to meditate.
- When you look at a photo, you often instantly form a judgment about someone’s character. Often this is unconscious and subtle. They happen very fast too – so fast that they happen before you have thoughts. They are basically the unconscious judgments and assumptions that we habitually put to one side.
- Don’t worry if you do not get concrete facts – some people are good at getting information about character and some people are good at picking up information about events.
- This is an old photo, but to eliminate this sense of distance you could imagine yourself in a room with this person – talking to them. How do you feel about them?
- Remember to ask specific questions and wait for an impression or answer to come to you.
- Learn to communicate with your spirit guides
- Know your life purpose & soul gifts
- Learn to read auras & know who other people really are
I do know who this person is and will be able to verify many of the impressions you get.
Some tips for getting intuitive insights about other people:
If you often get information through dreams, print off the photo and keep it with you at night. If you don’t get anything initially, carry the photo with you and see if information comes to you throughout the day. Sometimes impressions take a while to form.
If you like you can leave a comment on this post, with your insights. Or you can email me via the contact form with your insights in private. If you’re really shy you could just jot down your insights, put them to one side and check back here later. I will be publishing some information about the person in the photograph next week so that you will be able to verify what you got.
PS – If you do the experiment go into it with some playfulness! You have nothing to lose… After all, one experiment is obviously not representative of what you are able to do. But it could teach you more about what your gifts are.
PPS – If you recognize the man in the photo (which you might), there is no point reading the person and please do NOT leave a comment saying who it is as that obviously ruins the exercise for people. Thanks.
See the results of this Psychic Experiment!
You can find out who this man was by reading this article: Results of the Psychic Experiment