Posted in Developing Psychic Abilities / The Spirit World on 14. Jul, 2010
If you want to develop your psychic abilities, you could read some books, do some courses or read my articles on the different clairs, like clairvoyance, claircognizance or clairaudience, for example.
But maybe you’re not sure if you want to invest any time in it yet. Or perhaps you feel like doing some psychic development exercises for fun…
Here are two easy peasy psychic development exercises you can start off with. You don’t have to do hours of practice in order to see results.
Exercise #1: telepathic messages – get someone to call you
You know those times when you just ‘know’ who is calling you on the phone? Or when you call someone and they say “Oh wow, I was just about to call you – we must be psychic!”
My grandmother and I do that a lot. I ring my grandmother perhaps once a month, or maybe less at the moment (being rather busy). When I rang her last time, she told me that she kept thinking about me earlier on, on the day I rang. That sometimes happens.
I bet you’ve had experiences like that too.
How does this work?
It’s because you are thinking – consciously or subconsciously – of calling that person. You’re sending out energetic signals of your intention. It may not actually result in you calling them, but you think about it, and that is enough for those energetic signals to reach that person. If they’re sensitive they will pick up on these signals and start thinking about you for no reason. And maybe they’ll call you. All of this is usually unconscious – not done purposely but you can also make it conscious.
Here are some steps to do this:
1. Decide on somebody you’d like to get back in touch with, or someone that you do not speak to on a regular basis. This is preferably someone with whom you have a rapport and some kind of ongoing friendship.
(Note that it’s not a good idea to use this exercise to attempt to get back with an ex who doesn’t want to hear from you or someone from your past who you know doesn’t want to be reminded of your past together. So do ask yourself if you want to get in touch with the person and if they are likely to want to get in touch with you.)
2. Begin by doing a breathing exercise – breathe in to the count of four, hold your breath to the count of four and exhale to the count of eight. Repeat two more times.
3. Close your eyes and see a movie screen in your mind’s eye (the mind’s eye is what you see when you try to visualize something – for example, visualize the face of a loved one – and it shows up in your mind’s eye.)
4. Then do the following exercise (which is from the book Psychic Development for Beginners by William Hewitt)
Visualize yourself standing in a big park, on a large green lawn, holding seven balloons, of the colours red, orange, yellow, green, blue, violet and indigo. Let the balloons go one by one, beginning with the red balloon. Watch them float up to the blue sky until they disappear before you release the next one.
(If you’re not used to visualizing, then this exercise could be quite difficult for you at first. You may find it hard to concentrate or it may be difficult for you to visualize vividly or in colour. It all depends on how developed your imagination muscles are.)
5. Then get rid of the balloons. Now see a cinema screen in your mind’s eye. In one corner of the screen, see a telephone. In the other corner, see your friend. See your friend picking up the telephone happily and asking you how you are. See yourself enjoying a conversation with your friend.
6. Do this once a day for five days, at the same time and see what transpires.
Exercise #2: Knowing the time
One way to start developing your psychic ability is to start guessing the time. Discard your watch as much as is practical and when you need to know the time, close your eyes and ask yourself what the time is. See if a time pops into your head and if it is accurate. It’s best to go with the first thought that comes into your head (it’s not good to even think about this – you need to trust the very first thought you have almost before your conscious mind starts operating.) It can be uncanny how accurate this can be – right down to the minute.
Even though you may feel unaware of time passing, at certain points in your day, your higher self can tap into the time and calendar anyway and let you know the time.
Another way to develop an awareness of your inner clock is to set an intention to wake up at a certain time. It is perhaps best to do this on weekends when you don’t necessarily need to get up.
Here’s what to do:
1. Choose the time you want to wake up (Note: depending on your personality, you might want to choose a time that is reasonable for you – for example, if you never get up before 8am but intend to get up at 6am for the sake of this exercise, you might sabotage yourself if you’re very tired and you like sleeping in. If your true desires do not align with your intention, your higher self might automatically substitute the real time you want to get up.)
2. Then tell your higher self that you want to get up at that time and ask for your higher self to wake you up at this time. For example – 8am. To strengthen the intention, you might want to give your reason why.
3. Don’t set your alarm.
4. See what time you wake up.
Did you do these exercises? Did they work for you?! Leave a comment to share your experiences!
- Learn to communicate with your spirit guides
- Know your life purpose & soul gifts
- Learn to read auras & know who other people really are